(1) About AIA
The Association of International Accountants (AIA) is a professional accountancy body. It was founded in the UK in 1928 and since that date has promoted the concept of ‘international accounting’ to create a global network of accountants in over 85 countries worldwide.
AIA is recognized by the UK Government as a Recognized Qualifying Body (RQB) for statutory auditors under the Companies Act 2006, as a Prescribed Body under the Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003 in the Republic of Ireland, and members qualified as a statutory auditor and registered with a Recognized Supervisory Body (RSB) are able to seek registration as a statutory auditor across the European Union. In the UK, AIA also has supervisory status for its members in the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and has recognition to operate in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) as an Awarding Body. The AIA professional qualification is currently recognized in over 30 countries worldwide
(2) AIA Professional Qualification
It is the first professional accountancy body to submit, and have units accepted at the higher education levels.
- AIA Level 5 Certificate in Accountancy (RQF) is based on the AIA Foundation Level papers and is the equivalent level of a Diploma in Higher Education.
- AIA Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Accountancy (RQF) is based on the AIA Professional Level 1 papers and is set at bachelor's degree level.
- AIA Level 7 Post-graduate Diploma in Professional Accountancy (RQF) is based on the AIA Professional Level 2 papers and is deemed the equivalent level of a master's degree.
AIA is recognized by universities and other educational providers as equivalent to at least a Bachelor's degree in accountancy, for the purpose of obtaining credit to acquire a master's degree or enter an advanced study program
(3) MBA Pathways and Diploma Qualifications
The AIA collaborates with accredited universities to meet increasing demand for managerial skills and knowledge.
The AIA professional accountancy qualification is accepted as equivalent to a first degree for entry purposes into a growing number of full and part-time MBA programs in United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Cyprus.
In addition to the AIA professional qualification and statutory audit qualification, AIA also offers a number of Diplomas as follows:
Certificate in Accounting
Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Advanced Diploma in Examinations
Diploma in Auditing
(4) RQF System in the UK
(5) UK Top Up course program
1.5 Years in Myanmar + 1 Year in the UK = UK BA (HONS) Degree
1.5 years in Myanmar = (AIA Foundation level + Professional level 1)
There are 35 universities in co-operation with AIA.
The course structure
(6) The list of universities that in co-operation with AIA
Anglia Ruskin University
Bournemouth University, UK
Brunel University, UK
University of Central Lancashire, UK
University College Dublin, Quinn School of Business, Republic of Ireland
University of Edinburgh, UK
University of Greenwich, UK
Heriot-Watt University, UK
University of Hertfordshire, UK
University of Huddersfield, UK
International Islamic University, Malaysia
University of Kent, UK
Leeds University, UK
London Metropolitan, UK
University of Malaya, Malaysia
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
University of Newcastle, UK *Candidates require in excess of four years' work experience.
Nottingham Trent University
Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oxford Brookes University, UK
Philips College, Cyprus
Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Robert Gordon University, UK *Exemption offered for BSM013 Financial and Management Accounting module
Sheffield Hallam University, UK
London South Bank University, UK
Loughborough University, School of Business Economics, UK
University of Southampton School of Management, UK
University of Stirling, UK
University of Strathclyde, UK
University of Sunderland, UK
University of Surrey, UK
University of Westminster, UK
(7) AIA ADVANTAGES
- ACCESS TO AIA WORLWIDE 350,000 MEMBERS in 86 COUNTRIES
- OVER 30 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE MUTUAL RECOGNITION
- 1,570 JOBS LISTING ON AIA WEBSITE
- 53 NATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND PROJECT SHARING
- FAST ADAPT ENGLISH ENVIRONMENT
- TIME AND MONEY SAVING
- COURSE OVERVIEW
- PERSONALIZE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
- INTERACTIVE ONLINE CLASS
(8) AIA's PARTNER COMPANY
(9) PHOTOS OF UNIVERSITIES IN CO-OPERATION WITH AIA